[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: How to start the class when start up the jboss?

osterday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 10:33:51 EDT 2006

I think the best way would be to use an MBean to do this.  Check out the JBoss docs for MBeans - they are really a great way to do this type of stuff, if I understand your problem correctly.

Another option is to create a servlet and set it to load on startup - check the docs for web.xml to see this.  Hope that helps!  Also, MBeans are allowed to create threads and EJBs aren't supposed to create threads according to the spec.

If you want some cool scheduling type of stuff, check into Quartz - it's great.

There is also some timer stuff in EJB3, but I haven't done anything with that yet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965781#3965781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965781