[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-gen does not work

VotTak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 16:20:33 EDT 2006

Wasted another day, just to make sure that seam-gen is not working.

In JBossSeamGettingStartedGuideStep4
After creating a projects... in project sampleEJB... error:
Severity and Description	Path	Resource	Location	Creation Time	Id
An EJB module must contain one or more enterprise beans.	sampleEJB/ejbModule/META-INF	ejb-jar.xml	line 2	1155840718987	0

In JBossSeamGettingStartedGuideStep5
seam-gen...
When command seam set-properties...
Is this an expected behavior:
     [java] Aug 17, 2006 3:09:24 PM org.jboss.seam.tool.AbstractSeamGen
     [java] SEVERE: build.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)

     [java] Aug 17, 2006 3:09:24 PM org.jboss.seam.tool.BuildPropertiesGenerator
 generate
     [java] INFO: Generating a new build.properties file
     [java] Aug 17, 2006 3:09:24 PM org.jboss.seam.tool.AbstractSeamGen generate
File
     [java] INFO: New File Generated by Seam Gen using: build-properties.ftl

So is it expected or no?

Next.
After issuing "seam scaffold-wtp-project sample" it looks for "src" directory under C:\seam-workspace\jboss-seam-1.0.1.GA\seam-gen
and if it is missing build fails. Well I made it happy when I add empty "src" dir there. It did not use it, so why is that directory required?

Next difference I notice when I tried to follow the guide to change build path and library dependencies.
On the picture I saw "JBOSS 4.0" library... which is missing in my project. Should I add J2EE 1.4 library(JBOSS-IDE)?

Besides, When I click on "Add JARs..." I got "JAR selection" window which has red cross and "No entries available".
Besides, I looked in "sample" directory and it does not contain "lib" directory.

I do not see how it can be worked out from this point on.
Of course, your suggestions are welcome

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965880#3965880

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965880