[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Isoloated ClassLoading in JBoss 4.0.4GA

skidvd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 17 22:38:05 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm attemtping to achieve isolated classloading for individual war based applications (without much success) in a JBoss 4.0.4GA environment.  I understand that these issues have changed since at least the 3.x days as well as perhaps again since the 4.0.2 daysfrom what I have found in the wiki at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration.

Anyway, I am hoping to have entirely self sufficient war applications that do not use anything such as the MyFaces and log4j libs from the parent classloaders.  From the wiki, I have tried the following.  Here is what I have in my:

jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml:

      false
      false
   <attribute "FilteredPackages">org.apache.commons.logging

In each war I have added a WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml with the following content:

<jboss-web>
  <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false">
    <loader-repository>
      dot.com:loader=unique-archive-name
      <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
    </loader-repository>
  </class-loading>
</jboss-web>

However, this is not providing isolation for me (as adding MyFaces and/or log4j jars of different versions to my WEB-INF/lib causes conflicts symptomatic of non-isolated class loading).

Am I missing something unique in 4.0.4 or otherwise missing something?  How can this desired behavior be achieved?

TIA!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965939#3965939

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965939