[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: JBossIDE causing Eclipse to pause and do alot of disk IO

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 09:16:43 EDT 2006

Max has experienced the same problem. He's told me about it, but I didn't take any action because I wasn't sure what would be a better way to implement what I've been doing using the current API. I'll spend more time investigating it today.

Unfortunately, there's no way to turn this off right now.

What's going on:
   The server tools framework is calling all module factories and getting a list of the modules that the factory has created. The factory needs to have them all ready at once, because the API for a ModuleFactoryDelegate only has one relevent API element:   getModules();

There's no getModule(String id), or any other API, which could let me create the modules upon request or demand. Instead the API seems to dictate that I find everything I'd consider a module right away.

So what this thread specifically is doing is searching the workspace for any and all Jar files (war, ear, jar, etc) and adding them as potentially deployable modules so that on request of getModules(), they're all ready.

So the thread is just searching for jar files in your workspace. In a very big workspace, this slows everything down.

I could take a long hard look into who and what call getModules() and see if there's any way for me to anticipate it, or at least anticipate which they're hoping to find so I can turn just those specific jar files into "modules", but I really don't think the API is designed for that, and I don't think it will work very well.

The relevent plugin is the AS bridge:  org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966034#3966034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966034