[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deploying JBoss portal 2.4-CR3 on JBoss AS 4.0.4-GA

kirchhof do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 11:22:35 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I tried to find the answer to this in previous posts, but didn't succeed, please forgive me if it has been answered already (in which case what's the link?).

My environment:
JBoss Portal Version: 2.4.0-CR3 (downloaded)
JBoss AS Version: JBoss AS 4.0.4-GA with ejb3 (installer)
Database Vendor and Version: MySQL 5.0
JDBC Connector and Version: Connector/J 3.0
OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0

Describe the problem:
I would like to install JBoss Portal 2.3 on JBoss AS 4.0.4 with ejb3.
The problem is, to get the AS with ejb3 I MUST use the installer, BUT
in the user guide for JBoss Portal the following warning is given in the "Installation" section:

Warning
Make sure to download the JBoss AS Zip version. DO NOT ATTEMPT to deploy JBoss Portal on the installer version of JBoss AS! We are currently working on aligning the Application installer with JBoss Portal.

QUESTIONS:
Is this possible or is the ejb3 option incompatible the JBoss Portal?
If possible what's the best way to do this:
Option A:
1) Install JBoss AS from the the ZIP file
2) Install JBoss Portal
3) Install ejb3 (how?)
Option B:
1) Install JBoss AD from installer with ejb3 options
2) create new deployment configuration compatible with JBoss portal (how?)
3) deploy JBoss portal in new configuration

Option C?

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Florian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966084#3966084

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966084