[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JNDI/HTTP/4.0.4GA

jwcone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 21:49:27 EDT 2006

I'm getting a java.io.EOFException on the server when trying to use JNDI over HTTP.

I'm trying to get an InitialContext using:

Properties prop = new Properties();
  | prop.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
  |        "org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory");
  | prop.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
  |        "http://192.168.1.4:8080/invoker/JMXInvokerServlet");
  | prop.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
  |        "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | Context ctx = new InitialContext(prop);

The server configuration is set up like this:

   <!-- Expose the Naming service interface via HTTP -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.http.server.HttpProxyFactory"
  |       name="jboss:service=invoker,type=http,target=Naming">
  |       <!-- The Naming service we are proxying -->
  |       <attribute name="InvokerName">jboss:service=Naming</attribute>
  |       <!-- Compose the invoker URL from the cluster node address -->
  |       <attribute name="InvokerURLPrefix">http://</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="InvokerURLSuffix">:8080/invoker/JMXInvokerServlet</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="UseHostName">true</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="ExportedInterface">org.jnp.interfaces.Naming</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="JndiName"></attribute>
  |       <attribute name="ClientInterceptors">
  |           <interceptors>
  |              <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor</interceptor>
  |              <interceptor>org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |              <interceptor>org.jboss.naming.interceptors.ExceptionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |              <interceptor>org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor</interceptor>
  |           </interceptors>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

The client throws this exception when trying to get the InitialContext:

javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to retrieve Naming interface [Root exception is java.io.IOException: Invalid reply content seen: class org.jboss.invocation.InvocationException]
  |         at org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory.getInitialContext(HttpNamingContextFactory.java:84)
  |         at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
  |         at com.centerforce.ClientTestUI.initMessaging(ClientTestUI.java:37)
  |         at com.centerforce.ClientTestUI.<init>(ClientTestUI.java:25)
  |         at com.centerforce.ClientTestUI$1.run(ClientTestUI.java:105)
  |         at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
  |         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
  |         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
  |         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
  |         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
  |         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
  |         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
  | Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid reply content seen: class org.jboss.invocation.InvocationException
  |         at org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory.getNamingServer(HttpNamingContextFactory.java:153)
  |         at org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory.getInitialContext(HttpNamingContextFactory.java:80)
  |         ... 14 more

Any help is appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966203#3966203

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966203