[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - JCA Connector (RAR) inside EAR not getting bound to JNDI

technobrat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 19 16:09:17 EDT 2006

I've run into  problem when my RAR is inside an EAR - jboss fails to bind the connector to the specified jndi name.

I started out by deploying the RAR standalone. To do this, I put the -ds.xml directly in the RAR. This worked fine and the connector was bound to the JNDI properly.

I then proceeded to including the RAR inside my EAR. To do this, I simply added the RAR (which contains the -ds.xml) to the EAR and added the following entry to the EAR's application.xml :-
<module>
  |     <connector>my_connector.rar</connector>
  | </module>

This does not work. Though the EAR deploys without any errors or warnings, the connector does not get bound to the JNDI.

Any clues what could be going wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966267#3966267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966267