[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Praise for Seam

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 20 05:08:59 EDT 2006

(Woops, I hit submit before I was ready.)

Anyway, so that's the bean.

And then I have this in foo.jsp:

<f:view>
  |     <h:outputText value="#{requestBean.message}" />
  | <f:view>

Should always work, right?  The requestBean has EVENT scope, so it's available in every page.  "message" is obviously a property of the RequestBean, because it has a getter and setter.

But it does not work.  I get this exception:

javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Expression: '#{requestBean.message}'
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:392)

Seam is fragile.  From the docs, EVENT scope means "every request".  The property is there.  How can Seam not find it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966303#3966303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966303