[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

ben.wang@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 00:59:26 EDT 2006

I think what you describe is a mismatch indeed. From Cache point of view, when you deposit any data, if there is concurrency, then some kind of lokc is necessary. So I think what you are looking for is lock level that can be changed per API call. Something like Brian suggested to put into Option.

However, it can be tricky though. Just imagine that I have /a/b, and /a/c. If node "b" and "c" have different lock levels during a tx, then there can be data integrity issue.

Steve, is this mismatch causing deadlock or performance slowdown?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966362#3966362

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966362