[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Calling a method when a Session scope starts?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 04:41:43 EDT 2006

That's what I ended up doing, and it works beautifully.  It's a lot more elegant than writing a filter.  No filter, and with about 5 lines of code, I can check a database and set a cookie.  It does create a new object with every request, but it's a lightweight object so I don't think that matters.

I haven't found any docs that give a good description of what you can do in the pages.xml file, but obviously this part of it is pretty cool.

I assume that these components could do other stuff like do redirects.  The ultimate in cool is if they could do effectively a JSP include, so I could use it for my SEO needs, and hide parameters within URLs (ie, map /blog-5885.seam to /blog-entry.jsp, and use the 5885 to set a parameter in it).  I'm guess that's possible but I have no idea how, because as I said, there are no docs for what you can do in the pages.xml file.

I still have no idea how Seam figures out whether it creates an instance of a component for a given page or not.  It seems like it is buggy, because I can create components with scope of EVENT, and they are not always accessible within a page.  I don't get it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966386#3966386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966386