[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - SOAP over HTTPS?

DrHok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 11:01:40 EDT 2006

Hello,

I would like to change an existing SOAP interface to a JBoss(4.0.2)-based webservice from HTTP to HTTPS, in order to ensure both privacy and integrity of data.

But how do I do it?

Just changing the line

<wsdlsoap:address location="http://myserver:8080/"/>

<wsdlsoap:address location="https://myserver:8443/"/>

in the wsdl doesn't seem to work.

Furthermore, I am worried about about a huge handshake overhead when I turn on SSL, because a new TCP connection is established for each request.

And for each new TCP connection a new TLS context is negotiated. (Is this actually true, or does the TLS context survive closing the underlying TCP connection?)

Will this cause a significant delay and load on the AS?

Can I turn on http keepalive to avoid closing the TCP connection? If so, how?

Is there an alternative to HTTPS?

Thanks,

Heiko

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966463#3966463