[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: RC3 stable? which jdk? ad on: mssql-persistence-service.

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 21 13:33:03 EDT 2006

Josef at logistikpur.com wrote :
  | 1.
  | we run jboss-4.0.4.GA (install: jboss-4.0.4.GA-Patch1-installer.jar default) under jdk1.5.0_07 (jdk-1_5_0_07-windows-i586-p.exe; build 1.5.0._07-b03) . is this the right jdk?

We test both with JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.5, so you should be fine with jdk 1.5, at least as far as Messaging is concerned.

Josef at logistikpur.com wrote :
  | 2.
  | is it a good idea to use jboss-messaging-1.0.1.CR3 in a production environment?

I would advise waiting until 1.0.1.GA is out. If everything goes fine, we should release CR5 by the end of the week, and then wait for another week for feedback, and then release the GA, if no issues are reported. We try to keep JIRA up-to-date, it's a good resource to use if you want to find out what's going on: http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Josef at logistikpur.com wrote :
  | 3.
  | what content will have the destinations-service.xml in a production environment?

Currently it contains some tests destinations and the DLQ. It should stay the same. You can add your own destinations there, but you can also use a different deployment descriptor for those.

Josef at logistikpur.com wrote :
  | 4.
  | when will the first jboss-messaging-x.y production release be available?

That would be 1.0.0.GA. It was released in March. If you mean next production release, see the answer to 2. above.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966499#3966499

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966499