[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Mbean Scheduler using perform method

shakylegz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 07:05:31 EDT 2006

hi :)

I'm working on using a MBean service to perform a trivial task on a Schedulable basis.
 The task includes moving txt files from a remote computer to the server where jboss is running,  after the transfer, data from the txt file should be validated, this validation could lead to a databaseupdate.
So the task includes using a FTP API(enterprisedt) and a driver for MSSQL. when making a normal java main program this task works without problems.
Scheduler MBean offers two types of SchedulableMBean, SchedulableClass and SchedulableMBean. I decided to use SchedulableClass, and see if this could work. using SchedulableClass the perform() method will be called when the Schedulabled task is trigged. So I figured that this may work fine for my purpose. Then I ran into problems, since when I try to build the sar file I get the errormessage that there is unhandled exceptions and I could  add throw declaration, or surround with try/catch.

if I then add throw declaration...like this:

public void perform(Date inDate, long repetitionCountdown ) throws FtpLoginException, IOException

I get the error that these exceptions clause not are compatible with throws clause in Schedulable.perform

If I on the other hand surround with try/catch, like this :

try {
		this.SetList();
	} catch (FtpLoginException e) {
		// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		e.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IOException e) {
		// TODO Auto-generated catch block
		e.printStackTrace();
	}

my method:

	public void SetList() throws IOException, FTPException
  	{
  		FTPClient FClient = null;
  	  	FClient = new FTPClient();

  	  	FClient.setRemoteHost(""xxx.xxx.xxx.xx"");
  	  	FClient.connect();
  	  	FClient.login("xxxx","xxxx");
  	  	FClient.chdir("xxxxxxx");

  	  	FileList = FClient.dir();

  	}

Then I can create the sar file but when I try to deploy the sar file I get this errormessage:

11:41:11,626 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.4.GA/server/default/deploy/Integrator2.sar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable: (java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:196)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)

any suggestions how to get this working is more than welcome :o)

regards

Mads Nielsen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966925#3966925

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966925