[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - can't deploy my web application,

mv1351 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 14:06:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a web application and I was used to use JDBC and every thing was working perfectly.
Now I wanted to use hibernate and the problem is right after adding /WEB-INF/applicationContext-hibernate.xml in context param of my web.xml my application doesn't get deployed and I get no error what so ever.

First I need to know why it doesn't get deployed so I would appreciate your input on this matter also I need to know how JBoss doesn't show any error message when it can't deploy my application, perhaps I have to turn on something to show me the message.

here is my /WEB-INF/applicationContext-hibernate.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

        Test.hbm.xml

        org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
        true
        true
        5
        true
        false

Here is my web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
 "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"

<web-app>
    <display-name>test</display-name>
    Test application

    <context-param>
      <param-value>
        /WEB-INF/applicationContext-hibernate.xml
      </param-value>
    </context-param>

      <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>

      <servlet-name>SpringTest</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
      <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

      <servlet-name>ContextServlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderServlet</servlet-class>
      <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>SpringTest</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <session-config>
      <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

    <welcome-file-list>
      <!-- Redirects to "index.html" for dispatcher handling -->
      <welcome-file>/index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967063#3967063