[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to do virutal hosts with JBoss Portal

mmartin123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 23 14:15:37 EDT 2006

Yeah. I have that problem too.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that under jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml  AND
jboss-portal.sar/portal-core.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml you need to specify your <virtual-host> and <context-root> tags as well besides just your WAR/EAR file...

I was able to get it to work when I did this. However it only lets you specify one virtual host. I'm still trying to figure out how to do more than one.

Like if I had 2 WAR files (each a separate portal/app) inside an EAR file, I can certainly specify 2 different virtual-hosts just fine. But I cannot do this for jboss-portal.sar/portal-core and jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.

Sounds like it may require me to change actual source code of the JBoss Portal itself.

My goal:
Portal A URL = http://myportala.com/portalA
Portal B URL = http://myportalb.com/portalB

Somebody HELP US!!!!!