[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - How to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server 4.0.4

mind_mantra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 24 07:46:39 EDT 2006

Could  any one tell how to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server or give any working example where ajax4jsf is running on jboss.

I tried to run ajax4jsf on jboss app server 4.0.4 but its not running.

I downloaded the war from following loacation-

https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/files/documents/4966/35187/a4j-button-and-link.war
and deployed it to jboss. It gave exception and could not deploy and run.

But the same application is running perfectly in a separate Tomcat

I removed jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar from lib then it deployed.(MyFaces jsf jars are already there in jbossweb-*.sar lib folder) It gave  following Exception at deployment -

15:46:33,750 INFO  [ServletCacheAdministrator] Created new instance of ServletCacheAdministrator
  | 15:46:33,750 INFO  [ServletCacheAdministrator] Created new application-scoped cache at key: __oscache_cache
  | 15:46:33,812 ERROR [[/ademo]] Exception starting filter ajax4jsf
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.
  | A typical config looks like this;
  | <listener>
  |   <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
  | </listener>
I copied and pasted above listener tag in my web.xml and removed the default listener tag in that file.

The application starts and runs.
when I click on server submit button i see the output.
But when i click "Ajax Submit" button nothing happens.

Whats wrong ? ( one  i guess is the ajas4jsf filter didnt start as shown in console).
How to make it run ?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967204#3967204