[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JNP message queues through SSH tunnels

cameronjones do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 24 09:32:23 EDT 2006

Hey guys,

I'm trying to setup remote access to jboss message queues using hermes and putty but for some reason hermes has a problem with it.

I've setup a tunnel in putty to re-route the jnp service to the same localhost port but hermes keeps complaining with the error "No message, linked exception is null". Without the tunnel setup it times out which leads me to believe that it can connect through the tunnel but that there's some other issue at work. I followed all of the directions in the tuturial at http://www.hermesjms.com/demos/jboss_config.html

Here's the config i'm using:

loader	                     jboss
providerURL	          jnp://localhost:1099
initialContextFactory	org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
urlPkgPrefixes	          org.jnp.interfaces:org.jboss.naming
securityCredentials	admin
securityPrincipal	  admin

And here's my jndi.properties config:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

I should note that the message queues are up and runnning and my app is fully deployed and working so it can't be a problem with the actual configuration of the jms server.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or if i should direct it to the hermes site but since i'm trying to access a jnp resource i thought it could be jboss specific. Has anyone else done this before or can anyone suggest what i should look into to try and get this to work?

Thanks,
Cam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967227#3967227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967227