[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Assign a task to 2 users, how please?

cwad0000 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 24 12:03:04 EDT 2006

related question:
is it necessary to involve groups/swimlanes?
i.e. in my case i have two userids that i get at runtime, "donald", "arnold" that should be assigned to a task (the users might be different each runtime and does not necessary belong to the same group or have same role; they are calculated out of our database depending on different factors)

and by reading the user guide i get the impression that groups/swimlanes are optional:
anonymous wrote :
  | Both TaskInstances and SwimlaneInstances can be assigned to a specific user or to a pool of actors. To assign a TaskInstance to a user, call Assignable.setActorId(String actorId). To assign a TaskInstance to a pool of candidate actors, call Assignable.setPooledActors(String[] actorIds).
  |
  | Each task in the process definition can be associated with an assignment handler implementation to perform the assignment at runtime.
  |
  | When more then one task in a process should be assigned to the same person or group of actors, consider the usage of a swimlane

so my understanding was that i could use

String[] actors = {"donald", "arnold"};
  | assignable.setPooledActors(actors);

instead of the code i use when assigning a single actor
assignable.setActorId("donald")

but jbpm_taskinstance.actorid_ is set to null
how is the relation between the task and the pooled actors?
how can i see that these users have been assigned the task?

would be grateful if someone could bring some light into this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967276#3967276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967276