[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Another problem with the Fibo tutorial

Red Green do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 24 19:12:08 EDT 2006

I'm also having trouble running the JBoss/Eclipse tutorial. I'm running Eclipse 3.1, Linux, JBoss 3.2.8, JBoss Eclipse IDE 1.6.0 GA. I get all the way to the part where the server is started in the tutorial, but then two things happen. First of all, double-clicking in the left column does not create breakpoints, nor is there an right-click option there to add a breakpoint, for example in ComputeServlet.java.

Secondly, there are "Problems" in my ComputeServlet.java code (which show up as exceptions if I try to submit a number to be computed on the web form). The are all resolving problems:

FiboHome cannot be resolved to a type - on every line on which FiboHome appears, including

private FiboHome home;

This results in

home cannot be resolved - later in the code, anywhere home appears.

Also:

Fibo cannot be resolved to a type - on

Fibo bean = home.create();

It seems to not be finding the definitions under Tutorial/src/tutorial.interfaces, but I'm not sure why.

Incidentally, the other thing I noticed about the tutorial that didn't work in mine was the ctrl-space code completion in the place where all those "@web . . ." things go. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks,
RG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967371#3967371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967371