[jboss-user] Re: jboss-user Digest, Vol 2, Issue 419

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Fri Aug 25 04:51:46 EDT 2006

Hi,
i am thinking of deploying a CMS system for our corporate web server.

I have seen/installed/tested :

Jboss Portal : Seeems good and standards complying but too unstable
Apache Lenya : Very unstable - could not get it to any useful work
Php-nuke     : (despite our favor towards java, this seems stable but not what
we want)
OpenCMS      : Very stable but not so open source - some one has to pay to get
anything more than the basic

Practically from just browsing and using google one could conclude that there
are 10ths of
open source tools that do content management.
Also it is impractical to install and test even 10% of them.
Moreover web articles/reviews/comparisons rarely give anything but biased
views.

So since i think that our type of need falls in the same big family as the
ones
working in the java unix world i would like to ask you about your experience
in this field.

Thanx

Achilleas Mantzios.