[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Merging objects problems.

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 09:38:12 EDT 2006

Thank you for the replies, I don't really want to use the other group as a template let me clarify my goals here again:

All I want is a simple page that allows a person to register a group, after registering the group, the EJB3 redirects to page that displays that group with links to edit the group, to add users to the group and so forth.

There is a link on my left navigation for the page createGroup.jsp, when the user clicks that link, it will display a form to enter information for the group and a button to create it.   After creating one group, which works, and I click the creatGroup.jsp link again, it remembers the previous values, I am assuming because my Group entity bean has a SESSION scope.   But I guess my RegisterGroup stateless bean is also remembering the group, thus updating on merge or failing on persist the 2nd time I try to create a new group.

So to reiterate what I want is simply to accomplish is for a user to be able click my createGroup.jsp link and each time be able to create a new and unique group then be redirected to a page that more formally displays that group.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967474#3967474

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967474