[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - TimedObject question.

UBorba do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 15:20:02 EDT 2006

Hi,

I wrote a class:

  | public class PnaScheduleFacade implements SessionBean, TimedObject {
  |     public void ejbTimeout(Timer arg0) {
  |         // task code.
  |     }
  |
  |     public TimerHandle createTimerHandle(long interval) {
  |         TimerService timerService = context.getTimerService();
  |         Timer timer = timerService.createTimer(interval, interval, null);
  |         return timer.getHandle();
  |     }
  |
  | }

and another class to start the service:

  | public class PnaScheduler implements Schedulable {
  |
  |     public void perform(Date arg0, long arg1) {
  |         if(!started) {
  |             PnaScheduleFacadeLocal psLocal = EJBUtil.findLocalObject(PnaScheduleFacadeLocal.class);
  |             TimerHandle handle = psLocal.createTimerHandle(interval);
  |             System.out.println("Handle = " + handle);
  |             started = true;
  |         }
  |     }
  |
  | }

The schedule does it fine, but every time I restart my JBoss it will create
another Timer, and JBoss will also restart old Timers that are serialized, I need to  check in code if there is already a Timer that restarts the service and create another one only if necessary.

Thanks for any help/directions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967561#3967561

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967561