[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Friendly URLs (e.g. /request/parameter1/parameter2)

tluzat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 25 17:55:38 EDT 2006

I would like to use "friendly URLs" in some places of my application. Examples would be:

http://www.example.com/gallery/20/12
http://www.example.com/articles/some-interesting-article

vs.

http://www.example.com/gallery?id=20&img=12
http://www.example.com/articles?name=some-interesting-article

Are there any (decent, non-hackish) ways to do that using Seam? It wouldn't be too hard to rewrite incoming URLs in Apache or later on, but what about the URLs generated by the JSF/Seam tags?

Having to rewrite URLs does look kind of hackish to me, too. I'd prefer to plug in some sort of parser and generator for certain requests.

Thanks for any input :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967584#3967584

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967584