[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - selecting suitable UI technology

ikazarno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 27 18:27:57 EDT 2006

hi people!

In this topic I would like to discuss which UI technology is currently the best choice for the development of the JSR 168 portlets.

Over past two years I have used a self developed framework. However it's a time to switch to a widely-used technology because at first we are going to start a new  project and secondly several new developers have been added to our team and of course it makes no sense to confront them with a proprietary framework but rather to choose a widely-used one.

After short research the first choice that I made was JSF. I have used the myfaces libraries delivered with the JBoss Portal. However there is some problems with the datascroller and fileupload components. These issues are described at the following site:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Using_Portlets.

I think that a spring portlet framework is a possible solution but before I start the development I would like to ask the community for advice. Thanks in advance for a productive brainstorming session.

Igor

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967714#3967714

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967714