[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to use conversationPropagation=

tazo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 27 22:16:17 EDT 2006

During an conversation i would like to create new conversations (not nested) with custom conversationIds. I added next code to my page:

  | <h:commandLink action="#{actionBean.show}" rendered="#{!entity.available}" value="X">
  | 	<s:conversationPropagation type="none" />
  | 	<f:param name="name" value="#{entity.name}" />
  | </h:commandLink>

But it doesn't work as i expected: then i click this link i stay at same page: it doesn't contain info from old conversation (conversation propagation is really suppressed) and facesMessages input cantains "No conversation". During submit my custom action does not take control. If i remove <s:conversationPropagation> i get exception, because "actionBean.show" is annotated with @Begin.

What i want: i have conversations which contain different permutations of same entities. I takes much time to retrieve detailed info about these entities. I would like save obtained info in conversations with custom Ids, so Seam could optimize access to info already stored in memory.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967726#3967726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967726