[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Class loading and NoClassDefFoundError

breno.leitao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 09:29:18 EDT 2006

Hello people,

I have a doubt about manifests and class loading.

I am using jboss 3.2.7, and everytime I change a POJO jar, inside my ear directory (My ear is expanded), from a-1.jar to a-2-RC1.jar, I need to generate a ejb/war that loads this artefact, or i will get a
 ClassDefNotFoundException, or rename a-2-RC1.jar to a-1.jar, which is ugly. :-(

Is there a bettter way to not generate the ejb/war?

I tried to generate a dummy-ejb.jar file every time I change a jar in the EAR directory. This dummy ejb has no classes inside, only the ejb descriptors and a manifest that includes all POJOS jars in his manifest.
I am using a plain class loader policy, so the solution above should work. but it isn't.

Any sugestions?

Thanks
Breno Leitao

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967813#3967813