[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Merging objects problems.

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 10:28:04 EDT 2006

I will post my code to satisfy curiosity although there is not much to look at.

Using Conversation scope seems very strange to me in this instance.  I guess SEAM caters to a whole new realm of patterns that don't exist in the other MVC world.

Registering a Group SHOULD be stateless, at least I thought so, but in this case you are saying it should be Conversational.  I really don't want any other functionality in this bean at the moment except registering groups.  A completely different bean will handle viewing and editing the Group.

RegisterGroupAction.java:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("registerGroup")
  | public class RegisterGroupAction implements RegisterGroup {
  |
  |    @In(create=true) @Out @Valid
  |    private Group group;
  |
  |    @PersistenceContext
  |    private EntityManager em;
  |
  |    @Logger
  |    private Log log;
  |
  |    public String register() {
  |       List existing = em.createQuery("select name from Group where name = :name")
  |          .setParameter("name", group.getName())
  |          .getResultList();
  |       if (existing.size()==0) {
  |          //group = em.merge(group);
  |  em.persist(group);
  |

  |  FacesMessages.instance().add("Group successfully created");
  |         log.info("Registered new Group #{group.name} with id: " + group.getGroupId());
  |  return "/showGroup.jsp";
  |       } else {
  |          FacesMessages.instance().add("Group name already exists, please choose another");
  |          return null;
  |       }
  |    }
  | }

registerGroup.jsp - the commandButton is only relevant I think

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967830#3967830

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967830