[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Using JBoss Portal 2.4 with SQL Server 2005

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 13:27:42 EDT 2006

With a connection refused error, I would look at the following:

1) Does the port number in the *-ds.xml file match what the database is listening on?
2) Is the database listening on the port I think it is listening on? (Use tcpview or netstat to determine the port that the database has open.)
3) Is there a firewall blocking access to that port?
4) Can I telnet to the database port from the remote host?
5) Can I access the database via JDBC when I run on the same host as the database?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967878#3967878

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967878