[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss Seam don´t work.

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 28 20:05:40 EDT 2006

"nicola9000" wrote : It is a bit hard if you did not work with JSF and EJB3 before ( like me )
  | When it start working  it is nr. 1 :-)

Right, exactly.  I had never used JSF or EJB3 before.  I have used Hibernate and I really liked it, and EJB3 is very similar to Hibernate in concept (and uses a lot of Hibernate code).

What I didn't like about Hibernate was the Session management stuff.  The only good way to do it in Hibernate is to have the Session controlled by a filter so entities could stay attached as the page renders.  And there were other problems.  EJB3 + Seam solves all that, and also adds a ton of other cool features.  It's just non-trivial to get it set up.

What would be great would be a stand-alone application framework file set, that has everything ready to go.  All the examples that come with Seam have build.xml files with stuff like include="../../build.xml", which makes them pretty hard to use in a new project.

I'm trying to put together a generic app framework that has all the stuff I need, plus login and authorization filters, and the Tomahawk components, and it's stand-alone ready to build.  That would be a tremendous help in getting people started on it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3967973#3967973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3967973