[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Change page within portlet

FelderR do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 29 11:28:18 EDT 2006

Hello,

is it possible to create a link to change the page within one portlet without modifying the url by hand.

Normally a portlet url is created by using the Method RenderResponser.createRenderURL() that generates a URL that looks like this:
http://localhost:8080/portal/index.html?ctrl:cmd=render&ctrl:window=esvportal.channel_first_level.cmsWindow&p_menuid=4&p_tabid=3

As we can see we will find the Portal name after ctrl:window, the page name and the window name separated with a dot. I did'nt find out how I can generate a URL that changes either the page name nor the window name.

So I am always linked to one page. What sense does this make for a big portal? This results in a very static Portal. You will also never be able to switch layout as it is bound to the page properties.

So is there a way to change page and window when creating the URL?

Thx Rene

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968114#3968114

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968114