[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: changing host parameter in launch configuration

rob.stryker@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 11:55:05 EDT 2006

Originally I decided that there would simply be no changing of host or configuration, and that to change either of them you'd simply have to create a new server for that combination.

There had been a bug a short while ago where using different IPs that were local were not being accepted in the server creation wizard. (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-340) A bug was filed with eclipse, a patch was submitted, accepted, adn I'm not sure when it will be integrated into their release.

This still doesn't address whether or not the hostname or configuration should be changeable at will. I think I'm heavily leaning, now, towards allowing the changing of host, but keeping configuration name unchangeable.  (This is required for knowing which configuration a module was deployed to, how to remove it, etc.)

Input is always appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968412#3968412

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968412