[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How do you do integration testing?

chane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 16:11:32 EDT 2006

Christian - thanks for the link.  we use DBUnit and this was an interesting read.

I have just started to experiment with a new (at least to me) type of testing framework called FIT.  Basically, inputs/outputs are defined in a table structure.  A "Fixture" needs to be written for each page.  The Fixture is then used within a FIT table to execute tests.  Here are the links I have been reading/using to setup example acceptance tests with the framework:

Blog on the framework
http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeremy.miller/archive/2006/07/15/147400.aspx
http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeremy.miller/archive/2006/07/18/147465.aspx

Test Framework
http://www.fitnesse.org/
http://fit.c2.com/

DoFixture Extension to Framework
http://fitlibrary.sourceforge.net/

Browser Control testing (using the Remote Control package)
http://www.openqa.org/selenium/

Not everyone will like this type of testing and it doesn't replace good unit tests, but for end-end testing it might be useful to a couple of people.

Good Luck!
Chris....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968477#3968477

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968477