[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Partial application update

vannguyen0 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 20:34:00 EDT 2006

Question 1:

Is it possible to do a partial application update?  Let's say I have these modules:

moduleA.jar
moduleB.jar

I only want to update these classes:

  | com.somedomain.someapp.SomeClass
  | com.somedomain.someapp.SomeClassUtil

in moduleA.jar.

  | com.somedomain.someapp.helper.HelperClass

in moduleB.jar

Does JBoss come with some utility that will allow me to replace that class?

Question 2:

Can you update an application w/o shutting down the whole server?  I stopped the application through the JMX console... and tried to replace moduleA.jar... but it said that the file was in use, even though the application was stopped.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968506#3968506

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968506