[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Network Loss in a 1 to n Node Cluster

jbirkenmaier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 10:56:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am testing my application using 1 and 2 nodes in a cluster. I am using a shared TreeCache to share data which has a listener attached to it. I use this listener to tell me when a node disappears from the cluster. There are a couple of problems with this that I hope someone can help me with.

First Problem (2-node cluster): if I Ctrl-C one of the two nodes, the remaining node detectes the node loss and all is well. If I instead unplug the network cable on one of the nodes, JBoss detects a node loss on each of the two nodes. However, the TreeCache doesn't fire off an event. Is there another way for JBoss to inform me directly that there has been a node change in the cluster?

Second Problem (Single node): When the network cable is unplugged I get no indication that JBoss has noticed. I know that one node does not a cluster make but is there some way for JBoss to inform me of a loss of network?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968666#3968666

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968666