[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Problems at Startup with MySQL 5 and XAConnection

felipeal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 14:28:48 EDT 2006

"timfox" wrote :
  | JBossMQ is the old JMS provider that is still the default JMS provider for JBoss 4.x.
  | JBoss Messaging will be the default JMS provider in JBoss 5.x and above.

Ok, I wasn't that wrong then, as I use JBoss 4.0.4 without changing anything (hence it uses JBossMQ).

"timfox" wrote :
  | I suspect the JCA adaptor may be doing some kind of last resource optimisation here.

Yes, that might be a possible cause. As much as it is working, I'm not that worried (yet :-).

"timfox" wrote :
  | until it works. If there is a catastrophic failure e.g. bomb in data centre then even 2pc won't help you.

Agreed - that's why I said the problem would still exist even if JBM depended on a XA-capable datasource.

"timfox" wrote :
  | Felipe- as to how to set up an XA datasource for Mysql - I would suggest you post a message in the JCA forum - they may have some insight here.

Ok, I will - and thanks again for your help/patience...

-- Felipe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968728#3968728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968728