[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How do I test simple SLSBs?

chuckadams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 16:58:28 EDT 2006

I switched my test's classpath to use a freshly installed embedded-ejb3 download's libraries and conf/ directory, and this particular error went away.   The version of embedded ejb3 shipping with seam would appear to be broken, and it appears to be the libs, since only using the conf/ directory of the non-seam version was to no avail -- I had to put the non-seam version's libs in the front of the classpath.

Of course, I still get the same errors, they now just take a lot longer to show up.  I'll see if I can reproduce the error I get when I test it as a regular EJB session bean and leave the @Name annotation (when I remove it, it works fine perfectly).  No time right now unfortunately...

I recall some post elsewhere in jbossland about there being some fiddliness in the embedded container when J2EE 1.4 and JEE 5 libs are both in the classpath.  Eclipse WTP is indeed adding J2EE 1.4 junk in the "JBOSS 4.0" server libs, that I never use (I can't seem to get rid of them though).

As for the examples, I can't find anything like a simple unit test, just rather complex JSF-level integration tests.  All well and good, but I wanted to start with units, since my app is going to be mostly fronted with service-like session bean facades anyway.  It's also proving a real pain to extricate the tests from the dependencies on the rest of the seam installation (though I really do appreciate that the examples aren't littered with redundant jars just to make them totally standalone)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968775#3968775

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968775