[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam-gen generated entity and @Embeddable class problem

jlemoine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 1 08:43:34 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm a total newbie with Seam/Hibernate, and I encounter a problem as I play with my first Seam-gen generated Entity. (1.1.0CR1 + adequate jbossAS)

I would like to create a Country entity, that has an ISO code, an Int'l spelling name and a local name. Just like "JP, Japan, ??".
Since I plan to have a lot of stuff with this kind of Int'l / local names, I've tuned the Country class like this :

@Entity(country)
  | public class Country ... {
  |    // private String name;
  |    private Name name;
  |
  |    public Name getName(){
  |          return this.name;
  |    }
  |    public void setName(Name name){
  |          this.name = name;
  |    }
  | }
This seems OK regarding Hibernate's ref. manual.

Then, I wrote the following Name class :

@Embeddable
  | public class Name{
  |     private String local;
  |     private String intl;
  |
  |     // getters and setters
  | }

I've also adapted the default countryList.xhtml and country.xhtml accordingly.

So far so good. Now I seam-explode my project and start jbossAS.
I access the default countryList page (empty), click "Create", type in the data, and save.
The page redraws and shows beside the 2 names (translated from the French error messages) :
"intl" : error while updating the data
"local" : error while updating the data

So, I manually create a row in the DB (MySQL), and go back to the country list. It displays the new row. Good.

So why can JSF/SEAM/Hibernate access the country.name.local data in countryList.xhtml, but fails to update countryHome.instance.name.local in country.xhtml ?

BTW, there's just no error message in jboss's console.
I have tried without the Name class, and works perfectly. But I'd prefer the @Embeddable class solution.

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help. It would be cool I get it to work before I go on exploring entity associations...

Regards,

Jean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990440#3990440

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990440