[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityManager: For newbies or to close gaps in your know

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 1 19:07:10 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : So you and gavin are basically saying that the outcome of any one of those transactions does not determine the success or failure of any of the other transactions?

Yes.

anonymous wrote : But what do I do if I want to span the transaction over several requests?

What you are really asking is "how can I have an atomic conversation". Use @Begin(flushMode=MANUAL), and explicitly flush() when you want the changes to be persistent.

anonymous wrote : Isn't it that only in a non extended persistent context the transaction starts and ends with the mehtod invocation, whereas in an extended context the transaction lasts for the livetime of the SFSB?

Definitely not. Transactions held open across a user interaction are almost always a really bad idea.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990695#3990695

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990695