[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Please vote for your favorite issues -- mine :-)

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 3 09:25:36 EST 2006

Re: 880:

No, it's not that I am against this idea, just that I think that this should be a custom extenstion (something a user may implement) rather than a part of the core JBoss Cache product.

Then again, there has been some talk about this on the forums and it is useful for some of our core use cases (inc. http session repl).

Regarding implementation, Elias' impl using an 'expiry' attribute in the node's data map is a little hacky and I don't like the fact that it is not typed so there is no way of checking this, but it is easily customised and extended as a result - plus it has very little impact on the overall arch.

So I'm leaning to a +1 for the feature, and a +-1 on the impl.  I'd like to hear more from others (especially users on this forum) before I make a clear decision on this though.

Thanks for providing a prototype on this though, Elias, I do appreciate that.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990802#3990802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990802