[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How to debug remote JBoss, which is in Linux?

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 3 22:30:46 EST 2006

I would recommend not modifying the run.sh script directly. In your JBOSS/bin directory you will find a file named run.conf. This file contains the necessary parameters to start JBoss in debug mode. You simply need to
find the line

  | # Sample JPDA settings for remote socket debuging
  | #JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y"

and uncomment the configuration. If you need to turn it off again, just comment the selection. Also, note the port. If you have something else running on your Linux machine on this port you will have to change this value. Also, you may want to do the following:

chmod u+x run.sh

this will allow you to simply execute ./run.sh to start your server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990846#3990846

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990846