[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Ear and War isolation, accessing EJB from War

bholya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 4 16:08:52 EST 2006

Hello,
we are using Jboss 4.01.SP1 and having all EJB deployed as flat classloading, and having some war file with own class-loader, means in jboss-web.xml
own class-loader defined.

<jboss-web>
   <class-loading>
      <loader-repository>
      com.example:loader=unique-archive-name
      </loader-repository>
   </class-loading>
</jboss-web>

Now on these kind of plattform,without changing any setting we have to deploy some servvices(EJB) from external provider, who has also dependecy to external library like hibernate,jakarta-commons,...... . So external provider deliver us everything packed in EAR with own class-loader and java2ParentDelegation=false, as the same library with other version can be used on our plattform, but they need to look only in EAR file.

Now if i want to access EJB of external provider, as far as is understood, i can access only with call-by-value, so need to change these (global)setting in ear-deployer.xml.

Is it possible to call EJB without making any changes global setting of jboss ?
How? Is it possible to change deployment order so that we can see classes of external provider EAR from our war, which has different class-loader?

Thanks for suggestion

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991105#3991105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991105