[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Shared classpath within an EAR?

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 10:03:23 EST 2006

Norman, thanks for the response. A couple follow-up questions for you.

I've been reading up on classpaths in Java EE and it seems you can configure classpaths by putting information into the MANIFEST.MF file. However, it seems like in JBoss you don't really "need" to do it, because classpaths are always magically found regardless.

Should I put classpath information into the MANIFEST.MF? Or is it not necessary and just redundant?

Secondly, I tried putting all the libraries for my EAR into my EJB JAR's lib folder...however, my WAR started complaining that it couldn't find one of the .tld files, even though it was there within the JAR...is there an exception to what you said with tag libraries?

What are all the options JBoss has for configuring classpaths? Where are all the places I have the option of putting it within the EAR? Some work better than others in JBoss...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991314#3991314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991314