[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Creating a portlet instance of an unamed portlet

egandt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 13:17:42 EST 2006

The problem is that the portlets are registered with the portal, but in the display they have only got an id and no name, there are 4 columns: id, name, remote, remote able
The last 2 remote, remotable are check boxes, my portlets only have an id and no name so I can not create an instance.  Even when I create a portlet-instance.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

                        <instance-id>ActiveContentInstance</instance-id>
                        <portlet-ref>ActiveContent</portlet-ref>

                        <instance-id>ActiveDocumentsInstance</instance-id>
                        <portlet-ref>ActiveDocuments</portlet-ref>

I get instances of portlets, but the instance point to '-' because the portlet name field is not filled in and apparently the name field is used to map to an instance.  This makes no sense to me as my portlets have a name, its just not being used.  Also in Portal 2.2.1 this was not a problem.

ERIC

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991392#3991392

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991392