[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam configuration questions

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 14:12:32 EST 2006

I'm working through basic Seam configuration, and am looking at the seam-registration example bundled with the distribution for guidance, and have a few questions about it:

1) Identical ejb-jar.xml files are in the EAR and EJB-JAR's META-INF directories. I'm wondering if I must do the same, or if it really should only be in one place or the other? (I'm a newbie to this so perhaps somebody can explain where it should be.)

2) I noticed that the components.xml has the following:

What does it do? And is it necessary?

3) I saw in an example to have the following in components.xml:

    true

What does this do? Is it necessary? (Almost all examples I've seen set myFacesLifecycleBug to false, but only about half set debug to true.)

4) Why is there no jndi.properties file? Does it have something to do with the fact that everything is bundled together in the same EAR? Under what conditions can the jndi.properties file be omitted?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991418#3991418

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991418