[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Can't download the ejb home stub using iiop instead of jnp

wong94538@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 14:58:34 EST 2006

I successfully deployed a session bean with both iiop and jnp invoker.  In the client, with using jnp, everythings work fine but when using iiop, PortableRemoteObject.narrow() return a null object.  Once I put the stub class in the client class path, it works fine.  Seems the dynamic downloading of the stub isn't working for iiop.

Here's the client code:
	env.put(InitialContext.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
env.put(InitialContext.PROVIDER_URL, "corbaloc::lap-ww:3528/JBoss/Naming/root");
InitialContext context = new InitialContext(env);
Object staHomeObj = context.lookup ("myTest/Status");
StatusHome staHome = (StatusHome)javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow( (org.omg.CORBA.Object)staHomeObj, StatusHome.class);

I have the following jar included in the client class path:

$JBOSS_HOMEclient/logkit.jar"
"$JBOSSLIB/jacorb.jar"
"$JBOSSLIB/commons-logging.jar"
"$JBOSSLIB/avalon-framework.jar"

With the following client.policy:

grant {
permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

I also inspected the staHomeObject ior string using jacorb's dior, which is matched to the one when jboss startup with the following java code base:

http://lap-ww:8083/WebCL[myTest/Status]/

Is anything I have been missed?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991441#3991441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991441