[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Extension point for Transitions

pirx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 03:17:25 EST 2006

"kukeltje" wrote : why not simply use an event on the transition and set a processvariable. Even more backwards compatible and not that different.

I definetly agree with you that extending jPDL should be the last option. But
in my use case I need to obtain list of transitions of a certain type
'manual' which can be presented to a user in a UI for selection. Transitions
of type 'timed', which are triggered by some schedule should be hidden
instead. I couldn't find any existing jBPM feature which supports this sort of
use case, but if you could point out how to do this right now, I would be
very happy.

BTW, IMO my suggestion is in so far consequent as every other central
element in jPDL like Actions or Nodes are customizable via extension
except for Transitions. And it is not an extension to jPDL syntax but
only yet another hook, so I don't see any problems to introduce this into a
minor release.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991560#3991560

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991560