[jboss-user] [The Lizzard's corner] - Re: On the quality of user posts.

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 07:03:08 EST 2006

Arrogant, No
Frustrated, Yes

Incidently, I no longer read these forums (well maybe once a month looking for
potential bug reports). I would be bald from pulling my hair out otherwise. :-)

Maybe when we move to the JBoss Portal version of the forums with
a reasonable system of moderation (that removes these useless posts from the
search index so it becomes usable again), I'll go back to contributing regularly.

On a related story, I had a problem with installing MySQL back in January,
but I couldn't find the answer to the problem, just "a million" posts mostly unanswered,
with a few saying this is an FAQ or use search.

I'd like to thank all those time wasters that obscured the post where it was
really answered (I couldn't find it),
because it made me go through the MySQL source to figure
out what the problem was for myself, so I learnt something.
In fact, it was a none problem, at least for me, just an irrelevant warning. :-)

This just shows the problem is a generic one, not just these forums.
In general, people that have real problems suffer because of the laziness of a
minority.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991608#3991608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991608