[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB QL/ JPQL and search for inheritance

jrosskopf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 07:30:57 EST 2006

Hi Andy (and everybody else),

thank you for fast reply.

That works well and is a first step torwards a solution.
But I still need access to properties of the subclasses in the collection.

Speaking in plain java it would be condition like this:

  | if (tag instanceof PlaceMark && ((PlaceMark)tag).getPoint().getX() == 0.0d)

So is it possible to do something like a cast? I read through Mr Monsons-Haefels and Mr Brukes book an found nothing useful.

Regards
---
Joachim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991618#3991618