[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: JMX Decorator for POJOs - suggestion

dward@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 09:55:36 EST 2006

Adrian,

I appreciate your response, though I think "hacky" was a bit strong... :)  I merely thought that a jndi-name attribute could serve as a shorthand for the JNDIBinding annotation that you mentioned.  It is very similar to the <attribute name="JNDIName"...> element that one can nest under MBean tags.  Is that considered "hacky" as well?

Having a shorthand or "easier" way of doing configuration is not unprecedented in JBoss.  For example, people used to have to write mbean *-service.xml files to set up datasources in AS.  Now they just have to write a *-ds.xml file, which is a simpler syntax, although under the hood it just gets trasnformed.  (Or at least that's how it used to be implemented...)

Last, your repsponse addressed putting the POJO in JNDI.  I didn't see what the recommended approach is to expose the POJO as a JMX MBean.  Is there an <annotation ..> for that is well?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991656#3991656

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991656