[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Log4J wrapper

monkeyden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 10:27:05 EST 2006

I'm trying to log some more verbose information about, like line number and calling method, but I think the Seam logger is stepping on these features of Log4J.  For instance, I have this ConversionPattern in my log4j.xml file:
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c{1}.%M (%L)] %m%n"/>
"M" is the method name and "L" is the line number.  This ALWAYS result in "debug" and "84", respectively.

My Seam source doesn't match up exactly but it looks like line 84 is, as you might expect, somewhere in here:
public void debug(Object object, Throwable t, Object... params)
  | {
  |     if ( isDebugEnabled() )
  |     {
  |         log.debug(  interpolate(object, params), t );
  |     }
  | }

Has anyone else run into this?  Found a solution/workaround?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991672#3991672

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991672